Friday, February 28, 2014

Ron Einarson's old time coal conveyor



   Ron Einarson has done it again! Is there no stopping this man? For the sake of the hobby, we hope not! Pictured above is his second of three entries he submitted for the Winnipeg Model Railroad Club's February model display. God bless him, he even provided his own copy on how he built it, saving the blog editor a bit of time and effort!

By Ron Einarson

   The model started out as Old Time Coal Conveyors kit # 933-3520 from Walthers. I painted the parts flat green right on the sprues. I was able to clamp them in an upright position to dry. After trimming the parts from the sprues, I touched up the areas that were missing paint.


   I followed the instructions included in the kit and the construction went well. The only thing I would suggest is to use “Krazy” Gel Glue to put it together, as I found styrene glue took to long to dry. I find “Krazy” Gel Glue sets up faster and harder, and my hand doesn’t cramp holding it in line!


   A couple of days after it had dried, I dusted the pieces with black chalk dust to give it a well used appearance. This new addition will look great with the coal trestle display I constructed and displayed at a recent model display at the WMRC.



No comments:

Post a Comment